Best Traffic Attorney Austin TX
Are you currently searching for the Best Traffic Attorney Austin TX who would best represent you? Our lawyers understand how stressful it is when a person is in need of an attorney. We pride ourselves in treating our clients with the respect they deserve regardless of their case. Our competitors are inadequate when compared to our level of commitment and dedication. We want to provide information about one of the most reoccurring offenses in the state of Texas: Driving While Intoxicated (DWI).
According to the state law, a Class C driver who is driving with a blood alcohol level (BAC) of 0.08 or higher is driving while intoxicated. A CDL driver who is driving with a BAC of 0.04 is also driving while intoxicated. On the other hand, an officer can still declare a driver intoxicated if they’re impaired in any way. To give a person a clear idea of intoxication, the average person is in a state of drunkenness if one intake two to three drinks per hour. For example, a driver, who admitted to having two drinks, had a registered BAC of 0.081. Ultimately, your gender, body weight, the number of drinks consumed, and the amount of food eaten affects the body’s ability to process the alcohol substance.
The Truth of The Matter
To create a solution, one must first understand the severity of the problem. Approximately every twenty minutes, a person is injured or killed in a vehicle accident because of a drunk driver. In 2013, Texas led the nation in the number of drunk drivers’ caused deaths. DWI crashes mainly occurs between 6:00 pm and 4:00 am and mostly occur on Saturdays and Sundays. Citizens between the ages of 19-30 experienced the most fatalities from Drunk Driving. Austin ranked #9 on the list of Top 10 Cities of Drunk Driving Violations. Also, the city reported approximately 16 DWIs per day between 2012-2016. This number equates to an average of 30,005 over five years.
As of September 2005, Texas judges must include an ignition interlock order for repeat DWI offenders or first-time offenders with a BAC of 0.15 or higher as a condition of probation. Offenders also risk being charged with child endangerment if one of their passengers are under the age of 15. This charge alone can lead to a driver paying a fine up to $10,0000, serving up to two years in state jail, and losing driving privileges for six months. Later in that year, Texas was the 25th state to pass an all-offender ignition interlock law. As a result, all drivers who receive a DWI must have an ignition interlock on their vehicles to restore their driving privileges. Texas installed 45,789 interlocks by the end of 2015. As a result of these efforts, Texas drunk driving fatalities have decreased by 8.5% by preventing 244,991 drunk-driving ignition starts.
About Kelly McMahan Law
Attorney Kelly E. McMahan graduated from Texas Christian University majoring in History and minoring in English. Next, she continued her education and graduated in 2010 from the Texas Wesleyan School of Law. After passing the Bar Exam in July 2010, Kelly moved to Austin, TX and started her firm. She is a traffic court lawyer who specializes in defending clients charged with Class C misdemeanors. She strives to make the process stress-free for clients. Kelly McMahan and her firm will defend Class C Misdemeanor cases including:
- Minor in Possession
- Minor in Consumption
- Open Container
- No Seatbelt
- Disorderly Conduct
- Class C Theft
- Class C Possession
- Most Traffic Related Offenses.
Contact The Best Traffic Attorney Austin TX
We understand no one is perfect and people are looking for a lawyer who understands that people do make mistakes. We also know that you need an attorney who will research all of the facts and represent you to the best of their abilities. As the Best Traffic Attorney Austin TX, we care about the outcome of your case just. We will not quit until we have helped our client the best as we possibly can. For information about our firm and our service, please contact us at 214.982.1408 or visit our website here. We are the Best Traffic Attorney Austin TX.
Fun Facts About Austin TX
- Unit the late Cretaceous Period (which ended 66 million years ago), Austin was underwater and consisted of 10 underwater volcanoes.
- The city was initially named Waterloo when chosen as the new capital of the Republic of Texas. Eventually, the name was changed to honor the “Father of Texas” Stephen F. Austin.
- Austin has the largest urban bat colony in North American. During the Spring and Summer, approximately 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats migrate to Austin.
- Austin is home of the only nude beach in Texas. Hippie Hollow is the only clothing-optional beach located on Lake Travis.
- Austin is the only city in the world that still operates Moonlight Towers. The city currently has ordinances in place to protect all 17 standing towers for destruction.
- Austin is one of the sunniest cities in America. Austin receives an average of 300 days of sunshine during the year.
- The Texas State Capitol building is the second largest capitol building. The largest capitol building is the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- Austin celebrates Eeyore’s birthday. The city began to observe the Winnie the Pooh character’s birthday in 1963. It takes place on the last Saturday of April each year. Attendees dress in colorful costumes and enjoy the provided live entertainment.
- The Austin Dam was one of the world’s most massive concrete dams was built in 1893. It stretched 1,200 feet across the Colorado River, and it powered Austin’s electric trolley car and Moon Towers. The dam collapsed seven years later due to flood waters.
- Austin is known as the Live Music Capital of the World. The city is home to 200 live venues and over 2,000 bands and performing artists.
- The longest-running live music television show in the U.S., “Austin City Limits,” began broadcasting on October 14, 1974, and featured Willie Nelson as a performer.
- Whole Foods began in Austin. Rene Lawson Hardy and John Mackey borrowed $45,000 to open a small natural foods store.
- For more information about this city, visit the official website here.