CDL Ticket Lawyer Austin
If you are a commercial driver and receive a traffic citation, contact a CDL ticket lawyer Austin. As a commercial driver, you are held to higher standards than other motorists, and you also face tougher penalties for traffic violations, particularly if driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) is part of the equation. If you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and get a DUI call a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin immediately.
As a commercial truck driver, your best course of action is to drive in a way that you avoid committing traffic violations in all situations. Even when you are driving the family car, you could lose your CDL for certain traffic violations or for an accumulation of traffic tickets. Contact a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin the first time you receive a traffic ticket, regardless of the violation.
Violations that result in License Suspension
Some traffic violations have far worse repercussions than others because there are times when you immediately have you CDL suspended or revoked. If these violations occur, you are strongly advised to contact a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin. For the following major violations, your CDL license will be suspended:
- Driving while intoxicated.
- Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving when your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is higher than the legal limit.
- Refusing to take a test related to alcohol consumption.
- Committing a felony with your vehicle.
- Getting involved in an accident in which a person was or may have been injured or killed and fleeing the scene, also called a hit-and-run accident.
- Using a vehicle in manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing of a controlled substance.
- Driving a commercial vehicle while your CDL is revoked, suspended, or cancelled.
Serious Traffic Offenses
If you are ticketed for any of the following serious traffic offenses, you will want to contact a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin as soon as possible because the consequences of the offenses can be damaging:
- Following another automobile too closely, otherwise known as tailgating.
- Driving more than 15 miles per hour faster than the posted speed limit.
- Making lane changes improperly.
- Driving carelessly or negligently.
- Driving a rig that does not have the proper endorsement.
- Operating a commercial vehicle without having your CDL in your possession.
A conviction in the above-named violations could have some of the following commercial driver penalties, though a CDL ticket lawyer Austin may be able to help lessen the severity of the consequences:
- The revocation or suspension of your commercial driver’s license. The length of time your license is suspended depends upon your driving record and the nature of the violation. Reinstatement fees which must be paid when you can resume driving are very expensive.
- Points are applied to your driver’s license, and an accumulation can lead to loss of driving privileges.
- The permanent or temporary loss of employment.
- Higher insurance premiums.
- Expensive fines and penalties.
- Jail time is possible, depending upon the nature of the violation and other factors. A CDL ticket lawyer Austin who specializes in CDL matters can help.
Penalties are magnified and scrutiny is tighter if you are a commercial driver who transports hazardous materials. For help with traffic violations and your CDL, contact a CDL ticket lawyer Austin