Suspended License Attorney Austin
A qualified suspended license attorney Austin is an important asset for anyone dealing with a license revocation. Although there are many reasons a Texas driver’s license is revoked, it is always an inconvenience at the minimum and associated issues can ultimately lead to imprisonment, at worst. The help of an attorney who specializes in license revocations can make the difference in the outcome of your case.
Length of License Suspensions
The offense leading to driver’s license revocation is what basically determines the length of the suspension, though it can positively affect the outcome to have the expertise of an experienced suspended license attorney in Austin. The following is a guideline for the length of a driver’s license suspension for a person convicted of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DWI):
- Up to two years, if the driver was 21 years or older at the time of the offense.
- Up to one year maximum, if 20 years old or younger.
- An additional 180 days if an Alcohol Education Program isn’t completed, though a suspended license attorney in Austin could make a difference.
- Ninety days, if required to get an interlock ignition and if required to complete a program of community service.
- If a driver refuses to take a blood or breath test, the above suspensions can apply and a suspended license attorney in Austin is recommended.
Reasons for a Suspended Driver’s License Attorney in Austin
There are actually quite a few different reasons you may need a suspended license attorney in Austin, which many Texas drivers don’t realize. A suspended license attorney in Austin may be needed for any of the following reasons:
- If you are deemed a habitual traffic offender (HTO) for multiple moving violations, you will find yourself in need of a suspended license attorney Austin. You will be listed as an HTO if you have four or more traffic violations within one year or seven traffic violations within a two-year period. It’s important to know about consequences of driving without a license. If an HTO is caught driving while his or her license is suspended, the result can be jail time and additional fines.
- One of the most common reasons the expertise of a suspended license attorney in Austin may be required is for a DWI violation.
- If you fail a blood alcohol test or refuse to submit to a Breathalyzer test, your driver’s license will be suspended.
- In Texas, if you own an automobile, you are required to carry a minimum of insurance coverage. If you drive without insurance coverage, your license can be suspended and you will want to seek the help of a suspended license attorney in Austin.
- What many people do not realize is the failure to pay child support can carry the punishment of license revocation. Having your license reinstated sooner rather than later may require legal assistance.
Whatever your reason for a Texas driver’s license revocation, it is highly recommended that you seek out a qualified suspended license attorney Austin.