If you are a commercial driver and receive a traffic citation, contact a CDL ticket lawyer Austin. As a commercial driver, you are held to higher standards than other motorists. You’ll face stricter penalties for traffic violations, if you’re driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI). If you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and have a DUI, call a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin immediately.
As a commercial truck driver, your best course of action is to drive in a way that you avoid committing traffic violations in all situations. Even when you are driving the family car, you could lose your CDL for certain traffic violations or an accumulation of traffic tickets. Contact a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin the first time you receive a traffic ticket, regardless of the violation.
Violations that result in License Suspension
Some traffic violations have far worse repercussions than others because there are times when you immediately have your CDL suspended or revoked. If these violations occur, you are strongly advised to contact a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin. For the following significant violations, your CDL license will be suspended:
- Driving while intoxicated.
- Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving when your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is higher than the legal limit.
- Refusing to take a test related to alcohol consumption.
- Committing a felony with your vehicle.
- Getting involved in an accident that results in a person being injured or killed and fleeing the scene, also called a hit-and-run accident.
- Using a vehicle in manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing of a controlled substance.
- Driving a commercial vehicle while your CDL is revoked, suspended, or canceled.
Serious Traffic Offenses
If you are ticketed for any of the following serious traffic offenses, you will want to contact a CDL ticket lawyer in Austin as soon as possible because the consequences of the offenses can be damaging:
- Following another automobile too close, otherwise known as tailgating.
- Driving more than 15 miles per hour faster than the posted speed limit.
- Making lane changes improperly.
- Driving carelessly or negligently.
- Driving a rig that does not have the proper endorsement.
- Operating a commercial vehicle without having your CDL in your possession.
A conviction in the violations mentioned above could have some of the following commercial driver penalties, though a CDL ticket lawyer Austin may be able to help lessen the severity of the consequences:
- The revocation or suspension of your commercial driver’s license. The length of time your license is suspended depends upon your driving record and the nature of the violation. Reinstatement fees that must be paid when you can resume driving are costly.
- Points are applied to your driver’s license, and accumulation can lead to loss of driving privileges.
- The loss of employment.
- Higher insurance premiums.
- Expensive fines and penalties.
- Jail time is possible, depending upon the nature of the violation and other factors. A CDL ticket lawyer Austin who specializes in CDL matters, can help.
Penalties are magnified, and scrutiny is tighter if you are a commercial driver who transports hazardous materials. For help with traffic violations and your CDL, contact a CDL ticket lawyer Austin.