Traffic Ticket Attorneys Austin
Contact traffic ticket attorneys Austin if you have received a traffic ticket and face possible loss of your driving privileges in Texas. Some traffic violations automatically result in license suspension and at other times accumulation of traffic tickets results in license revocation, suspension, or cancellation. Because even minor traffic tickets can have negative consequences, we advise contacting traffic ticket attorneys in Austin before entering a plea of either “guilty” or “no contest.”
Loss of Driving Privileges
Not all traffic convictions lead to loss of driving privileges but many do. Traffic ticket attorneys in Austin can help determine whether you are able to build a case in which you can prove your innocence. When your license could be suspended, revoked, or cancelled, the difficulties you could face are serious enough to justify getting the assistance of qualified traffic ticket attorneys in Austin. The following are the three types of driving privilege losses in Texas:
- A Suspended Driver’s License – When a driver’s license or when driving privileges are temporarily withdrawn for a specific and definite period of time.
- Revoked License – A license revocation is when a driver’s license or driving privileges have been terminated for an indefinite period of time. When all requirements for the revocation have been satisfied, the license may be restored, which traffic ticket attorneys in Austin can help to ensure.
- Cancelled License – A driver’s license cancellation occurs when a driver’s license or when driving privileges have been withdrawn until the driver can requalify.
Reasons for Driver’s License Suspensions
Contact traffic ticket attorneys in Austin if you are issued a traffic ticket because an accumulation of traffic tickets could result in revocation or suspension of your Texas driver’s license. If any of the following occurs, your driver’s license will be temporarily suspended:
- If you have four or more separate traffic violations and convictions which occur within a 12-month period.
- If you have seven or more separate traffic violations and convictions which occur within a 24-month period.
- If you have two or more traffic convictions for driving in violation of your driver’s license restrictions.
For some traffic violations, Austin traffic ticket attorneys should be immediately contacted because, according to Texas law, the violations automatically result in license suspension or revocation. The following are among the violations which will result in the loss of your driving privileges:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Failure to stop and render aid, otherwise known as a hit-and run accident, for which traffic ticket attorneys in Austin should be contacted.
- Driving with an invalid driver’s license.
- Possessing or displaying an altered or fictitious identification card or driver’s license.
- Failure to comply with all of the terms of a traffic citation that was issued by another state that is a member of the 1977 Nonresident Violator Compact.
- Habitually driving negligently or recklessly.
It’s best to consider all of your options when handling traffic tickets. You may be able to avoid loss of driving privileges with the assistance of traffic ticket attorneys Austin.